Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Free Pack of Oscar Meyer Hotdogs @ Safeway Today!!

ACT NOW! Sale ends today!


Ok, So I had a ton of coupons for $1.00 off Oscar Meyer hot dogs. Safeway has them on sale right now for $1.99. Also, they have an in-ad coupon that will take the price down to .99 cents. Add in my $1.00 off coupon, and we are walking out the door with free hot dogs. Which is great, because summer is grilling season. You can freeze hot dogs, and have a good supply all summer long.

Here's how to do it. I had manufacturer's coupons. You guys know I stock up on coupons by visiting the many lovely recycle bins throughout my neighborhood. So I went into Safeway, I got 5 packs of Oscar Meyer hot dogs. I also grabbed a copy of the store ad. You only need one coupon. Once the in-store coupon is scanned, it will work on each item you have. So I may have 5 packs of hot dogs, but I also have to scan one in-store coupon to get the savings on all 5.

My Safeway has self-checkout (which I love.) It allows me to take my time, and make sure everything is ringing up properly. Cashiers are wonderful, but they go so fast. I don't want to miss something. Machines are not perfect, and they do make mistakes.

First I went ahead and scanned all my hot dogs. Then I scanned my 5 manufacturer's coupons. This took the hot dogs down to .99 cents each. Then I scanned one in store, and it took my total down to .12 cents (the tax.) It was important to scan my manufacturer coupons first. If I had done it the opposite way, I would have a .5 cent credit. Often the coupons won't go through, or the manager says they cannot do that no matter what the store coupon policy says. So I learn to pick my battles. Getting the hot dogs for free was good enough for me.

So if you have any of the $1.00 off coupons, hurry in to Safeway today.

A side note. Many of us also have the $1.00 off 2 Oscar Meyer hot dogs. These work great too. You can take the price of each pack of hot dog down to .99 cents each. Use 1 manufacturer coupon on 2, taking $1.00 off. You can 2 packs for .98 cents. That .49 cents a pack. Still an awesome deal!