Sunday, June 12, 2011

Restoring Our Faith in Humanity...One Slice at a Time??

So I was driving into work the other day, and my favorite station was talking about "Random Acts of Pizza" and I am thinking...what the heck is that??! So I got online when I got to work, and swagged searched it ;). Turns out this is part of the site http://www.reddit.com/. Which is already a pretty cool site as it is. But now one of their sections is called "Random Acts of Pizza." It is basically where people post who could use a free meal, or who want to buy a free meal for someone. People pay to have pizza sent to one another, or give pizza egift certificates. Its actually a pretty awesome idea. People selflessly giving away food to someone who is hungry. It turns out, many people do it every day. And most people pay it forward.

While exploring reddit a bit more, I saw there was also a section to get assistance. Resources and information, as well as people willing to help one another out. Donating items no longer needed. Helping people with electric bills. And so much more.

The site is definitely worth exploring. We all fall on hard times. I know there have been days when I wondered what my family was going to eat for dinner. There is no shame, there really just seems to be a sense of acceptance and understanding.

Of course I am sure there are some people who take advantage of these kinds of things. But I truly believe it is a community, and if you have real needs...this may be a place to find help, advice or just an ear to listen.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Random_Acts_Of_Pizza/

http://www.reddit.com/r/Assistance/




Thanks BrothersPizzaCompany for image